From the Sailing Blog of S/V Cielo
“Monday May 23: It was a wet and miserable day today. We intended to sail up to Pittwater, but the rain was unrelenting and the wind no where to be seen and we could hear thunder as well.
So we sailed under 3 bridges: Anzac Bridge once the barge crane had been pushed through by the tug boat, the Sydney Harbour bridge (in time to see HMS Adelaide leave her dock), and the Spit Bridge which we had to wait to open (sorry traffic) and sail into Middle Harbour.
Having stopped at 2 earlier moorings, we finally found one out of the swell although the rain pounded down until late evening.
Maybe tomorrow if the wind is there, but if we have to drive our boat under engine we might as well wait for the sunshine.”
S/V Cielo is an IP 420