The award-winning and innovative SP Cruiser MK 2 offers year round boating comfort, trawler-like livability and motoring performance, simple and versatile sailing and legendary IP quality and value.
- One-piece integral hull and keel of 100% hand laminated high modulus knitted fiberglass infused with a proprietary pressure-fed application system. Light ivory gelcoat with urethane painted boot stripe w/matching rubrail.
- Fully encapsulated lead ballast forms double bottom over length of keel. No keel bolts to maintain, loosen or leak.
- Molded structural interior grid unit bonded with hull and interior bulkhead system to form unified structure.
- Chainplates interlocked and bonded directly with hull structure for secure “belt-and-suspenders” installation.
- PolyClad3® hull gel system includes ten year pro-rated limited warranty against osmotic blisters.
- Deck laminate features Island Packet Yachts’ exclusive PolyCore®, virtually eliminating the potential for deck deterioration associated with other core materials. Includes a 10-year pro-rated limited warranty against deck core degradation or delamination, an industry exclusive.
- Two-tone deck surfaces: light ivory with tan premium diamond pattern slip resistant surfaces.
- One-piece deck attached to integral hull flange with bolts, lock nuts and urethane adhesive sealant. Hardware backed with aluminum plates where required.
- Molded fiberglass headliner with textured finish.
Rig / Sails
- Sails: in-mast vertically battened roller furling mainsail, roller furling jib in high modulus Dacron® with white UV sun panels.
- Headsail roller furling systems.
- Centralized sail control console in aft cockpit with single Lewmar® Ocean Series 40CEST electric winch, multiple sheet stoppers and line bins. Mainsail furler, outhaul and sheet, plus jib sheet are all routed below decks to the aft sail control console; jib furler and outhaul lines run alongside deck to aft cockpit area with stoppers and leads to electric winch on console.
- Main and spare main halyards led to Lewmar® Ocean Series 40 CST 2-speed winch on mast. Jib halyard led to Lewmar® Ocean Series 16C 2-speed winch on mast.
- Hoyt Boom® equipped self-vanging jib for ease of handling, improved performance and superb adaptability to a wide range of wind and sea conditions.
- Anodized aluminum mast and booms; wire rigging.
- Aft-boom sheeting to cabin top allows for dinghy storage on main saloon hardtop.
- 10” lock-in chrome winch handle.
Cockpit / Deck
- Full length forward cockpit with ergonomically shaped cockpit seats, two 2” cockpit scuppers, provision for (optional) removable cocktail/dining table.
- Deep cockpit aft of deckhouse with deep molded seat lockers port and starboard, removable bench seat across transom; steps to side decks, side rails, sail control console, extended hardtop with sail viewing window, transom door to stern platform, overhead light, gasketed sole hatches with storage under.
- Edson® Radial Drive™ cable steering system, Teleflex® engine control cables with vibration isolators. Edson® Radial Drive™ cable steering system, Teleflex® single lever engine control cables with vibration isolators. Ritchie® compass w/custom Island Packet nav grid, s/s wheel, space for electronic installations. Raymarine® knot, depth and AWI at helm panel.
- Wide recessed sidedecks and foredeck with protective bulwarks, full length s/s cabin top handrails. Large anchor locker with overhead deck hatch, sealed bulkhead aft, drain to bilge with shutoff valve; divided rode bins with hooks for fenders/lines/gear.
- Stern platform with transom door, swim ladder and emergency boarding ladder with pull strap.
- Wide integral bow platform with exclusive Island Packet designed and patented SeaSafe® anchor rollers for fully captive, low-chafe chain/rode control. Quick anchor deployment and secure storage. Room for (optional) electric windlass.
- Solid stainless steel upper lifeline rail integral with bow and stern rails; vinyl covered lower lifelines. Flagstaff and holder, two (2) Dorade-style vents with vinyl (or optional) s/s cowls with screens and plugs.
- Stern door opens to swim platform; side rail gates with quick-release hooks.
- Four 12” mooring cleats, two 10” spring line cleats, chocks and flush mount chafe guards.
- High impact vinyl rubrail with s/s striker.
- Main saloon with U-shaped settee; forward portion flips to form forward facing helm seats. Ergonomically shaped, multi-density cushions covered in Navy or Buff leather-like material, large storage areas beneath. Large drop-leaf table lowers to fill in settee for double bunk conversion. Book shelves and lockers to port. Solid tongue and groove varnished sapele and oak sole.
- Forward owner’s stateroom with large island berth, upholstered memory foam mattress, storage under. Privacy doors to head and galley. Cedar-lined hanging locker, shelves and full length mirror. Designer carpet on molded slip resistant sole.
- Aft cabin with twin single bunks with upholstered memory foam mattresses, privacy door. Cedar-lined hanging locker and mica faced cabinets for storage. Outboard bunk with storage under; inboard bunk hinges up to gain access to spacious engine compartment. Designer carpet on molded slip resistant sole.
- Head compartment with separate shower stall; vanity with solid acrylic countertop with undermount sink, large mirror and storage cabinet below. Electric flush head: Raritan® Elegance. Molded slip-resistant sole.
- Navigation station/office desk/vanity aft of head with hinged tabletop, upholstered stool, molded slip resistant sole.
- Galley with open walk through design, solid acrylic counters with integral fiddles. Well insulated refrigeration compartments (2) with double gasketed lids and gas support struts for easy access. Frigiboat® Keel Cooler system allows digital control of either compartment for refrigeration or freezer operation; light, storage drawers below. Deluxe three-burner Force 10®
- LPG stove with oven and broiler; stainless steel sealed burner top, guard rail with harness hooks, lift off cover, storage under. Microwave oven (AC operation only), dish rack, cutlery drawers. Center island with deep s/s sinks, hot and cold pressure water tap with retractable spray unit, manual fresh water pump, storage cabinets and waste receptacle under. Molded slip-resistant sole.
- SeaGull® IV water filter for fresh water (cold)at dedicated faucet at galley sink.
- Numerous s/s opening ports with safety glass and screens throughout; numerous overhead hatches with retractable screens/shades.
- Sapele hardwoods, veneers and coordinated surfaces for bulkheads, cabinetry and trim. Louvered cabin and locker doors, extensive radius corner detailing, cedar-lined lockers and drawers.
- Furniture quality satin gloss varnish applied to all interior wood surfaces in a multi-coat process.
- Numerous chrome plated interior cabin-side lights and recessed main overhead dimmable area lights, all with LED warm white bulbs; dimmable indirect perimeter warm-white LED ambiance lighting in main saloon and all cabins; courtesy lights at companionway, electrical panel and battery selector switch; LED dome lights in engine room and aft machinery areas.
- Removable stainless steel companionway ladder with slip resistant teak treads, access to large storage/machinery space behind.
- Sapele grate at base of companionway lifts to reveal removable dust pan, bilge access.
- Numerous overhead and bulkhead mounted s/s handrails for safety and security.
Mechanical / Electrical /
- 110 HP Yanmar® turbo diesel engine – 4JK4-HTBE, fresh water cooled, rubber isolation mounts on reinforced fiberglass bed with integral oil pan, mechanical fuel pump, 110 amp Balmar alternator and Charles digital DuoCharge controller. 3-bladed fixed prop (feathering prop optional), Racor® fuel filter with water separator mounted for easy access. Jacketed fuel lines with swedged and threaded fittings, intake strainer.
- Engine access from aft cabin beneath hinged bunk top. Pre-plumbed for electric oil change system.
- Extensive sound control – premium lead-lined insulation, gasketed lid and panels.
- Four (4) premium AGM 12 volt batteries: three (3) dedicated to house, one (1) to engine start. Momentary parallel switch in cockpit for emergency starting.
- Deluxe electrical panels with separate battery switch, gauges and breakers for AC and DC systems, battery test system, indicator lights, and controls for electric pumps, LPG solenoid control and battery charger.
- 30 amp dockside AC power system with ELTI ground fault inlet protection breaker and one (1) 50-foot shore power cord. Numerous outlets, all with GFCI protection.
- Fail-safe galvanic isolator with status panel.
- Charles® 5000 series 40 amp battery charger – three stage, temperature compensating, UL® listed.
- Engine instrument panel with tachometer, hour meter and engine monitoring system at helm.
- Electrical DC grounding/bonding system for rig and all underwater metals.
- Pressure water system with hot and cold service to galley, head, and cockpit shower. UL listed six (6) gallon water heater with engine heat exchanger, insulated hot water hoses throughout. Dedicated head sink/shower drain sump w/strainer.
- LPG system with 10 pound aluminum tank in self-draining storage compartment with gasketed, lockable lid, remote solenoid, dual safety shutoffs and gauge; room for extra tank.
- Fuel, water and holding tanks below cabin sole maximize storage and stability and minimize trim changes with varying tank fluid levels.
- Fuel tank constructed of welded, baffled heavy gauge marine-grade aluminum (5052-H32) with shut off valve, s/s deck fill, tank mounted mechanical gauge. Pre-plumbed with second pickup/return for addition of generator and/or heater system.
- ThermoCure™ fresh water tanks constructed of infusion molded fiberglass using FDA approvable vinyl ester resins, baffles, s/s deck fills, electronic remote tank level gauge.
- Infusion molded fiberglass holding tank with baffles, s/s deck pump out fitting, electronic remote tank level gauge.
- Heavy-duty Rule® 3700 electric bilge pump with auto control and premium WaterWitch® electronic pump switch. BilgeAlert® high water bilge alarm w/remote alarm panel at helm.
- UL listed bronze, thru-bolted, flanged seacocks on all thru hulls below waterline; ball valves on thru-hulls in boot stripe.
- All LED nav lights, including masthead anchor light and foredeck/steaming lights.
- Pre-wired for anchor windlass installation, bow thruster cables, fan and speaker wires throughout interior, VHF cable in mast and from mast step to helm area; messengers pre-run for pulling