The 520 features the great looks and combination of seakeeping, comfort, livability, quality, ease of handling, race proven offshore performance and award-winning value as only Island Packet can deliver.
- One-piece integral hull and keel of 100% hand laminated high modulus knitted fiberglass infused with a proprietary pressure-fed application system. Light ivory gelcoat with urethane painted boot stripe.
- Fully encapsulated lead ballast forms double bottom over length of keel. No keel bolts to maintain, loosen or leak.
- Molded structural interior grid unit bonded with hull and interior bulkhead system to form unified structure.
- Chainplates interlocked and bonded directly with hull structure for secure “belt-and-suspenders” installation.
- PolyClad3® hull gel system includes ten year pro-rated limited warranty against osmotic blisters.
- One piece deck molded with VE resin infusion technology utilizing quad-raxial and bi-axial E-glass with Divinycell® foam core for superior strength and stiffness, freedom from decay, reduced weight, and sound and thermal insulation. Includes a 10-year pro-rated limited warranty against deck core degradation. Solid glass with aluminum backing plates at key deck hardware installations.
- Two-tone deck surfaces: light ivory with tan premium diamond pattern slip resistant surfaces.
- One-piece deck attached to integral hull flange with bolts, lock nuts and urethane adhesive sealant. Hardware backed with aluminum plates where required.
- Molded fiberglass headliner with textured finish.
Rig / Sails
- Sails: in-mast vertically battened roller furling mainsail, roller furling staysail and roller furling 110% jib in high modulus Dacron® with white UV sun panels.
- Headsail roller furling systems.
- Main halyard led to Lewmar® Ocean Series 30CST, 2-speed winch on mast. Mainsail roller furling control lines led to cockpit through stoppers to Lewmar® Ocean Series 48CST, 2-speed winch. Rigid boom vang. Main sheet traveler w/4:1 control system led to cockpit. Main sheet and spare main halyard led to cockpit through stoppers to Lewmar® Ocean Series 48CST winch.
- Hoyt Boom® equipped self-vanging staysail for ease of handling, improved performance and superb adaptability to a wide range of wind and sea conditions.
- Staysail sheet led to cockpit through stopper to Lewmar® Ocean Series 48CST winch. Staysail halyard led to Lewmar® Ocean Series 16C winch on mast.
- Genoa halyard led to Lewmar® Ocean Series 30CST, 2-speed winch on mast. Two genoa sheets led to cockpit via adjustable cars on tracks to Lewmar® Ocean Series 64CST, 2-speed winches.
- Headsail furling lines led to cockpit cleats adjacent to two Lewmar® Ocean Series 30CST secondary winches.
- Anodized aluminum mast and booms; wire rigging, welded s/s mast rails.
- Mid-boom sheeting for unobstructed cockpit and dodger installation.
Cockpit / Deck
- Full length, ergonomically shaped cockpit seats, helm seat cushion and backrest, two 2” cockpit scuppers, four harness padeyes, engine panel adjacent to helm in covered alcove.
- Edson CD-i® geared direct drive steering system, emergency tiller w/storage brackets. Ritchie® compass w/custom Island Packet nav grid, s/s wheel w/vinyl covering, hinged fiberglass cockpit table, provisions for remote autopilot installation, single lever engine control with premium Glendinning® control cables, space for electronic installations.
- Sliding companionway hatch with seahood, interior latch, and exterior hasp and lock. Knot, depth and wind indicators – Raymarine® – mounted in seahood instrument pod. Integrally molded dodger mount on cabin top. Solid sapele drop boards w/varnished finish, center drop board with fixed port and etched logo, board retaining pin, interior storage rack.
- Wide recessed sidedecks and foredeck with protective bulwarks, drains to boot stripe, full length s/s cabin top handrails. Large anchor locker with overhead deck hatch, sealed bulkhead aft, drain to bilge with shutoff valve; divided rode bins with hooks for fenders/lines/gear.
- Large aft deck with room for stowage of (dealer/owner supplied) dinghy. LPG storage bin. Second large storage bin for miscellaneous gear.
- Large lazarette with cenral hatch, hooks for lines, access to rudder shaft and emergency tiller, space for (optional) generator.
- Integral stern platform with twin set of molded steps, emergency boarding ladder with pull strap.
- Wide integral bow platform with exclusive Island Packet designed and patented SeaSafe® anchor rollers for fully captive, low-chafe chain/rode control. Quick anchor deployment and secure storage for two anchors.
- Double, vinyl-coated lifelines and s/s bow and stern rails, s/s flagstaff and holder, four (4) Dorade-style vents with s/s cowls with screens and plugs.
- Boarding/swim ladder at stern.
- Stern rail with fold-down bench seat with bottom and backrest cushions, two stern gates and two side gates w/ quick release lifelines.
- Four 12” mooring cleats, two 10” spring line cleats, chocks and flush mount chafe guards.
- Low maintenance “teak-look” cap and drip rail with stainless steel striker. Side deck drains led to boot stripe thru-hulls.
- High impact vinyl rubrails with s/s striker.
- Main saloon with full length settees port and starboard with ergonomically shaped, multi-density cushions covered in Navy or Buff leather-like material, large storage areas behind and beneath. Starboard settee converts to double bunk. Lockable drawer for ship’s papers and dedicated wine and glass storage cabinet. Panoramic views through four fixed safety glass windows with polished s/s exterior frames. Large drop-leaf table folds against bulkhead storage cabinet for open saloon. Solid tongue and groove varnished sapele and oak sole.
- Aft stateroom with upholstered memory foam Queen-sized mattress, privacy doors to saloon and aft head. Filler cushion for berth cut out. Cedar-lined hanging locker and bureaus. Solid tongue and groove varnished sapele and oak sole.
- Forward owner’s stateroom with island berth, upholstered memory foam mattress, privacy doors to forward passageway and head compartment. Cedar-lined hanging locker and bureau. Solid tongue and groove varnished sapele and oak sole.
- Navigation center with upholstered seat on electric swivel mount stows securely beneath table (optional bench seat). Hinged chart stowage bin.
- Wrap around galley with well insulated refrigeration compartments (2) with double gasketed lids and gas support struts for easy access. Frigiboat® Keel Cooler system allows digital control of either compartment for refrigeration or freezer operation, lights, storage drawer below. Deluxe three-burner Force 10® LPG stove with oven and broiler, stainless steel sealed burner top, guard rail with harness hooks, lift off cover, storage under. Microwave oven (AC operation only), deep s/s sinks, hot and cold pressure water tap with retractable spray unit, manual fresh water pump, dish rack, cutlery drawers. Solid acrylic countertops with integral fiddles. Molded slip resistant sole.
- SeaGull® IV water filter for fresh water (cold) at dedicated faucet at galley sink.
- Second forward cabin with versatile “L”- shaped, bench-height countertop. Doubles for use as desk or work surface; cabinets under, including space for dealer/owner fitted washer/dryer. Upholstered seat on electric swivel mount stows securely away between cabinets. Two optional layouts are available or area may be configured to customer specifications.
- Numerous s/s opening ports with safety glass and screens throughout; numerous overhead hatches with retractable screens/shades.
- Premium sapele hardwoods, veneers and coordinated surfaces for bulkheads, cabinetry and trim. Louvered raised panel cabin doors; louvered locker doors, extensive radius corner detailing, cedar-lined lockers and drawers.
- Furniture quality satin gloss varnish applied to all interior wood surfaces in a multi-coat process.
- Numerous chrome plated interior cabin side lights and recessed main overhead dimmable area lights, all with LED warm-white bulbs; dimmable indirect perimeter warm-white LED ambiance lighting in main saloon and all cabins; courtesy lights at companionway, electrical panel and battery selector switch; LED dome lights in engine room and aft machinery areas.
- Removable stainless steel companionway ladder with slip resistant treads, engine access behind.
- Sapele grate at base of companionway lifts to reveal removable dust pan, bilge access.
- Overhead saloon handrails and numerous bulkhead mounted s/s handrails throughout for safety and security.
- Storage rack for companionway boards.
Mechanical / Electrical /
- 110 HP Yanmar® turbo diesel engine – 4JK4-HTBE, fresh water cooled, rubber isolation mounts on reinforced fiberglass bed with integral oil pan, mechanical fuel pump, 110 amp Balmar alternator and Charles digital DuoCharge controller. 3-bladed fixed prop (feathering prop optional), Racor® fuel filter with water separator mounted for easy access. Jacketed fuel lines with swedged and threaded fittings, intake strainer.
- Engine access from removable front and rear panels, hinged side opening doors. Pre-plumbed for electric oil change system.
- Extensive sound control – premium lead-lined insulation, gasketed access doors and panels.
- Six (6) premium AGM 12 volt batteries dedicated to house, plus one (1) dedicated to engine start. Momentary parallel switch in cockpit for emergency starting.
- Deluxe electrical panels with separate battery switch, gauges and breakers for AC and DC systems, battery test system, indicator lights, and controls for electric pumps, LPG solenoid control and battery charger.
- 50 amp, 120/240V AC dockside power system with ELTI ground fault inlet protection breaker and one (1) 50-foot shore power cord, services two 50 amp 120V shipboard systems through a UL® listed Charles® C-Power marine isolation transformer for added safety. A separate 30 amp inlet, breaker and cord are provided for added flexibility. Numerous interior outlets w/GFCI protection.
- Engine instrument panel with tachometer, hour meter and engine monitoring system.
- Electrical DC grounding/bonding system for rig and all underwater metals.
- Pressure water system with hot and cold service to galley, head, and cockpit shower. UL listed 11 gallon water heater with engine heat exchanger, insulated hot water hoses throughout. Dedicated head sink/shower drain sump w/strainer.
- LPG system with 10 pound aluminum tank in self-draining storage compartment with gasketed, lockable lid, remote solenoid, dual safety shutoffs and gauge; room for extra tank.
- Fuel, water and holding tanks below cabin sole maximize storage and stability and minimize trim changes with varying tank fluid levels.
- Fuel tank constructed of welded, baffled heavy gauge marine-grade aluminum (5052-H32) with shut off valve, s/s deck fill, tank mounted mechanical gauge. Pre-plumbed with second pickup/return for addition of generator and/or heater system.
- ThermoCure™ fresh water tank constructed of infusion molded fiberglass using FDA approvable vinyl ester resins, baffles, s/s deck fill, electronic remote tank level gauge.
- Infusion molded fiberglass holding tank with baffles, s/s deck pump out fitting, electronic remote tank level gauge.
- Heavy-duty Rule® 3700 electric bilge pump with auto control and premium WaterWitch® electronic pump switch. BilgeAlert® high water bilge alarm w/remote alarm panel at helm.
- UL listed bronze, thru-bolted, flanged seacocks on all thru hulls below waterline; ball valves on thru-hulls in boot stripe.
- Masthead anchor light, foredeck/steaming light on mast, nav lights (all LED).
- Pre-wired for anchor windlass installation, bow thruster cables, fan and speaker wires throughout interior, VHF cable in mast and from mast step to nav area; messengers pre-run for pulling